Advertising...

Friday, July 10, 2009

Google Chrome is Hip-With the Lingo (NOT... but funny because it's not!)

Okay as a lot of my friends know I don't watch Regular Air, Satellite, or Cable TV, I watch Hulu, Sling, or other Online Videos. Well I've found the best and easiest way to watch these is using Google Chrome (secondary Browser) to watch my videos. Sounds a bit odd but I have a few reasons for my madness: 1- Google Chrome has that really nifty little "Make App" feature that gets rid of all the navigation buttons and address bar. 2- Chrome is not Internet Explorer (which is what I use mostly), so if IE Crashes my Videos don't stop playing! 3- Chrome has that cool "Task Manager" thing that lets you kill each process of Chrome separately.

This Error message I saw in Chrome was the result of using feature number 3 that I mentioned above. Adobe Flash Plug-In crashed the browser (as it seems to have a tendency to do in just about every browser at some point), so I attempted to recover using the Task Manager. I killed (End Task) or only the process labeled for Hulu.com ... this apparently did not end the Browser Engine, or Flash Plug-in! So I was left with Chrome running Flash saying "Aw Snap!", and me laughing at the message and then thinking "WTF! why would the browser and Flash still be open when the process running the site was killed?"

No comments: